How To Get More Traffic To Your Website: Increase Website Traffic
One of the questions I’ve heard bloggers, entrepreneurs & website owners ask again and again is how to get more traffic to my website.
There are hundreds of ways (both ethical and non-ethical) to generate and get more traffic to your website.
It is important that you choose the right sources of website traffic that converts into email subscribers and customers.
So, whatever traffic generation strategy you plan to use to drive more traffic to your website, you need to make sure that you are generating a quality traffic.
Today, I am going to show you the exact way to increase website traffic, in fact, a quality traffic.
So without further ado, here’s what I have to say on how to get more traffic to your website.
- YouTube videos
- Guest Posts
- Facebook Groups
- LinkedIn Groups
These sources give BEST results and you will definitely increase traffic and email list. They do work in all niches.
Let’s understand the PROS and TIPS of all these FOUR traffic sources in more detail.
1. YouTube Videos to get more traffic and email subscribers
YouTube is a gold mine. Once you post a video, it will generate traffic over time.
First, choose the keyword using Google keyword tool and then create a content.
Create quality content for your video and do optimize the video description section with written content and your link to email capture page or squeeze page if your goal is to build an email list.
TIP: YouTube is known for “How to…” videos. So try to create a video with “How to…” title.
In the beginning, it will take few weeks or months for your videos to get momentum but as soon as it takes traction it will start sending you more traffic to your website and at least 3 to 5 email subscribers per day if you are sending that traffic to your email capture page or squeeze page.
Thus, the idea is to create at least 25 videos that will get you healthy traffic and if your goal is to build an email list then let’s do some MATH. If one video can get you 3 email subscribers per day then 25 X 3 is 75 you should get around 75 email subscribers per day.
Again, it all depends on the quality of content, how much value you are providing and most importantly the topic you choose for your video and keyword you target.
2. Guest Posts To Increase Website Traffic
Guest post is the post you write and publish on someone else’s website or blog to leverage their ready built traffic.
It is just that people have too many excuses about guest posts. I understand that it is a time-consuming process which includes brainstorming guest post ideas, pitching to website owners with ideas, writing the guest posts etc. but the end results are fruitful.
Common mistakes with guest posts:
- Writing a guest post before pitching.
- Not doing a homework before pitching for a guest
- Not sending sample posts (when you are pitching for the first time it is fine but after that include your previous guest post links so that they can check your writing style if they want to).
- Limiting yourself to a guest post in your space. (Try to be creative and write the post to the website owner’s article theme).
- Including your affiliate link. Never DO that! Only include your link to your high converting squeeze page.
- Rushing in order to finish the post (Don’t rush, take enough time to write the article because if you produce and publish a quality article you will get healthy traffic to your website through the link added to your byline).
Things to do to get the most out of your Guest posts:
- You must write an ORIGINAL article packed with research, data, chart and expert quotes.
- Detailed and long article, not a tiny post. Your article must be at least 1200 words.
- Do your homework; check the topics the website owner is posting. The easiest way is to check the first 10 articles and also to check their popular posts. You can use the tool called BuzzSumo to determine the top performing articles on their website.
- Comment couple of times on their posts and connect with them through Twitter so they have a rough idea about who you are.
Tips and techniques
- To find the guest post in your niche, search for “Guest post [niche]” or “[niche] write for us” on
- Start with low hanging fruit. Start pitching website owners who accept the guest posts or have less traffic compared to authority sites or bloggers.
- Start commenting on the posts of authority sites. Do this until you finish eating low hanging fruits. This way you don’t waste your time.
- Don’t pitch to the website owners who has a low traffic, try to pitch to website owners who have the traffic of at least 500 visitors a day. One of the best ways to find out the traffic stats is through Alexa.com (do not solely rely on the stats itself. Use your common sense because all the business owners have a different business strategy)
3. Facebook Groups to get more traffic to your website
Facebook groups are another great free source of getting traffic to your website and gives you crazy email sign ups. Start searching Facebook groups related to your niche and join the group.
You are not going to join the groups where your peers are sitting but the ones where your audience are sitting.
For example, if you have a fitness blog specialising in paleo diet then you are not going to join the groups where your peers fitness bloggers are having a party instead you are joining the groups have your audience interested in Paleo diet.
Now, the idea here is to join the groups with at least 1000 members.
Join at least 50 groups.
Share your best post with the group members, it all starts with giving.
Your post should make your audience feel that they are going to get a juicy value if they click and visit your website.
Remember, this is not an AD. This is a post which you are posting with meaty VALUE.
There is a BIG difference between AD and normal VALUABLE post.
Facebook groups work well for all kind of blogs, businesses and any entrepreneurs.
TIP: Don’t overdo it with both joining the groups and posting into a group otherwise Facebook will block you from joining and posting into the groups. Do slowly, don’t do it in one go. You don’t want to be reported as spam. Also, make sure you read rules before joining the group because some groups do not allow to post the content as it is count as self-promotion material. Don’t post same content again and again. Use different content, images, rephrase the excerpt content every time you post. Post only 2 times a week MAX, not more than that. It is all about sharing VALUABLE information with group members.
4. LinkedIn Groups to drive traffic and networking
LinkedIn is a laser targeted traffic source if you are in a B2B space or your target market is professionals, but it works well for B2C too. You just have to find your way around.
The idea is again the same – join the groups with at least 1000 members.
Join at least 30 groups.
The first step: For the first 2 weeks do not post anything but just comment on other people’s posts. This will help you paint your portrait as a value provider in front of the group owners and other group members. It will also create that sense of engagement.
This will also give you an idea of the desire and interests of group members/your audience.
After approximately 2 weeks, search your blog post database to find the posts that match your audience desire and interests. Once you have that ready share with the group members and get the traffic rolling to your site.
Success with any groups whether it is Facebook groups or LinkedIn groups can only happen if you are ready to provide value to the group in the form of a valuable information.
Spamming is BIG FAT NO…
TIP: Again, don’t overdo it, otherwise you will be blocked and deleted from all groups you’ve joined. Remember, just 2 posts a week.
You don’t need hundreds of ways or channels to drive more traffic to your blog or website. You can easily increase the website traffic by focusing on right sources. Just and just focus and leverage 2 or 3 channels to generate quality traffic. Over time, your website or blog traffic will grow.
Spreading yourself everywhere is not going to get you more website traffic. It is a recipe for disaster.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Have any questions on how to get more traffic to your website? Comment below and I’ll do my best to answer your any queries.